Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sunshine's final stand


So Sunshine has been at odds with her brothers all day. She and Bug bickered in the car all morning (which is pleasant for no one) and Peanut has this knack for dragging out all of her toys and chewing on them.

All of this ultimately resulted in her storming off to her room, slamming the door and screaming "NO BROTHERS ALLOWED IN MY ROOM EVER!!!!" I'll tackle the behavior here in a second, but right now I just had to giggle at her "Elton John-esq diva tantrum".

See this is the difference between girls and boys. She MUST exit the room with such an element of drama. The boys just go and stew until they erupt in their room and thrash it. Viva la Difference!!

I find it humorous also that she felt the need to post this sign on her door in manner of Martin Luther, declaring her liberation from her brothers. Notice the emphasis on "NO".

Even through bratty behavior, she makes my heart sing!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Lori Elliott said...

HA! HA! HA! I just love your kids!!

Gracie's little outburst of independence from her brothers reminds me of when I was about 8 or 9 years old (way back in the day). I heard of this popular group called, "Blood, Sweat and Tears." Well, I had just had it with my brothers dressing my Barbies in GI Joe clothes or be-heading them and spying on me. So, I made this sign and put it on my door: "MY BROTHERS BRING MY LIFE A LOT OF BLOOD, SWEET AND TEARS!! THEY MUST STAY AWAY!!" Yes, you read it right...it says "sweet," not sweat....well, they just ran with that and made fun of me for weeks!! Actually, we are all in our mid-40's and they STILL make fun of me!!

Gracie, sure they bug you, but it would get pretty boring without them.

Lori

Who liknks to me? Ask me how....just kidding. Just click here.