Thursday, March 6, 2008

Why being a grown up is cool

Ok this is what I looked foreword to when I was little. I have a weird thing with throwing random foods together and making a meal out of it. Sort of like 2 great tastes taste great together.

Tonight my rock star husband had band practice so it was just me and the kids for dinner. I sort of had a hankering for soft pretzels. Luckily I just happened to have a box of the in the freezer. But I figured it would probably be irresponsible to only feed my kids pretzels for dinner. Enter the broccoli. But we couldn't stop there because I have also had a hankering for hollandaise sauce. You know for dipping......what?

So lets recap....

We've got the bread group,

the veggie group,

the dairy group with the sauce

and the gigantic rock salt group.


Ok somewhere at this very moment, my Mom has her head in her hands shaking it fiercely.


What is funny about this (where do I begin) is while making this I was practically doing a little dance thinking to myself "I'm a grown up and I can eat anything I want for dinner".

Yes I realize this is a "once in a while " meal. We don't normally eat like this. But it's fun every once in a while.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! There's totally nothing wrong with that meal. They got green stuff... that's nutricious.
Mmmm rock salt group.

Sandi B said...

I think it is awesome that the grandkids eat broccoli - the rock star wouldn't let it pass his lips when he was younger.

Who liknks to me? Ask me how....just kidding. Just click here.