Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Viva spring break!!

So I have said it before and I will say it again. The best investment we have made for our family has been our zoo membership. Bug is on spring break this week and frankly I am climbing the walls. The very thought of summer vacation is already beginning to send me into a cold sweat. There is something about having all three home all day for a week straight is making me loose my mind. I am a pretty structured person and have my routine. But it's all off this week. Somehow during the summer there is enough time that I just create a new routine. But when it's only one week, there just isn't enough time.

So the cure I have found here is lets just get out of the house. Rain or shine. So we went to the zoo. We have a membership so it's an activity we can do for free. I just pack up a little picnic and away we go.

My husband was even able to cut out of work a little early and meet up with us.

So we survived another day without hurting each other. I say this casually, but really the biggest challenge of this blessed vacation is just to keep my kids from killing each other. I can't keep the boys from roughhousing and Sunshine has made it her personal mission to referee (tattle) . Which in turn warrants her to get ambushed (clobbered) by her oldest brother. So it more or less has turned into an ultimate fighting challenge.

So basically I have three choices.

-I can referee every minute that they are awake and get nothing done.
-I can let them fight it out and hope that the blood doesn't stain the carpet.
-I can get them out of the house and distract them.

I opted for the latter.

So here are the pictures. Please note that I chose not to include the ones of Bug's giant meltdown as we were exiting the zoo. It was quite a sight to behold.

0 comments:

Who liknks to me? Ask me how....just kidding. Just click here.